For this assignment, you will practice annotating two of your scholarly sources. You can find a student example of annotated bibliographic citations through this link.
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to make sure you understand 1) what makes a scholarly source, and 2) how to evaluate ANY source for credibility (trustworthiness). The process you go through to analyze a scholarly source will be the same that you use for your non-scholarly sources.
Directions: Choose TWO of your scholarly sources (click on the link for a reminder as to what constitutes a scholarly source) and write an annotation for each, including
1) a full bibliographic citation
2) a summary of the source (150-200 words)
3) an evaluation of the source (100-150 words), and
4) assessment of the source.
(See below for explanations of all these elements.)
Submit as an attachment. Include all formal formatting for MLA or APA (header information, page numbers, etc.)
Each of your annotations need the following:
1) The full bibliographic citation. This is what you would include on your final bibliography (Works Cited page or References page, depending on MLA or APA format).
2) a paragraph of summary (150-200 words) that explains ALL of the main points of your scholarly source. The summary should be objective, not use loaded language, be all in your own words and sentence structure (no direct quotes from the source), and consistently cited in the appropriate format (MLA or APA). YES: even though the summary is in your own words, you must still cite where you’re drawing from the source for the ideas present in the summary! Use the original source’s page numbers. (If you’re doing this properly and using scholarly sources, they WILL have page numbers!) If you need a refresher on how to write an effective summary, click here.
(Links to an external site.)
3) a paragraph that evaluates the source (100-150 words) for credibility. This includes making sure that the author is an expert in their field of study, that the publication is peer-reviewed or otherwise shows academic rigor, that the information is not obsolete, etc. Use questions in the green box on p. 84 of The Bedford Researcher to guide you, as well as the Source Evaluation Matrix handout
4) a short statement (one or two sentences) that assesses how you will use this source in your project. Will it be part of your background section? Argument section? Serve as a counterargument? Not be used at all? (Yes, this is allowed.)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.