Technique- extended response – written response for a public audience
Unit- unit 3 – textual connections
Topic 1 – conversations about concepts in texts
Duration/mode/length – 1000-1500 words (may be accompanied by digital elements appropriate to the type of publication)
CONTEXT (from our task sheet)
In thus unit you have studied Arthur Miller’s The crucible and Andrew Niccol’s Gattaca. You have focused in particular on a playwright and director who provide comment on a society through their narratives, and explored how these texrs represent the concepts of power and control. Electric Lit ia an online publication that aims to expand ‘the influence of literature in popular culture by fostering lively and innovative literary conversations’. An upcoming series will celebrate The Crucible.
Write an enaging, online literary essay analysing the representaion of the concepts of power and/or control, across both Miller’s The crucible and Niccol’s Gattaca.
From the concepts of power and/or control you may choose one of the following ideas to focus your analysis:
-corruption of power
– the power of ideology
To complete this task you must:
– choose a concept of power and/or control to focus your analysis
– compare how this concept is represented in each text to devise a thesis staement or contention on the representation of your chosen topic.
– develop this across the piece, dedicating equal analysis to both texts, and supporting your perspectives with evidence from both
– position the audience to think in particular ways about the representations in the texts, using the generic conventions and range of textual features of an online literary essay.
Should include following characteristics:
– a coherent thesis or contention that is developed in a series of paragraphs
– patterns and conventions such as;
– an engaging lead that reveals the focus of your essay, the texts to be examined and your contention
– an interesting introduction that hooks your readers and immediately positions them in relation to your contention
– qoutations and examples from the texts to illustrate your points and develop your contention
– selection and synthesis of material and langauge choices that reveal how both texts construct particular perspectives and representations and how they are similar/different to one another in these constructions
– digital elements such as images, video clips, hyperlinks, and layout, as appropriate to the site of publication.
– a conclusion that relates back to the essay’s contention and leves a lasting impressionon readers.
(include analysis of the ways cultural assumptions, attitudes , values and belief underpin the texts and invite audiences to take up positions, and analysis if aesthetic features and stylistic devices in the texts.)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.