For this project you will rely on the firm’s annual report and 10K financial reports for the most recent three years. For a more accurate analysis, five years provides a longer timeline for the trend analysis.
These resources will provide you with the information and data needed to complete all requirements of this course project. You may utilize other sources of company information including Mergent database and business publications like the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Business Week, or similar. Use the Wilmington University MBA 5900 Library Guide to help you locate company information.
After completing a financial analysis based on the firm’s financial statements and any relevant supplementary information you can obtain about the firm and its operating environment identify areas in which the company is performing well (strengths) along with potentials areas of improvement (weaknesses). Include in your analysis an assessment of how the firm’s strengths and weaknesses affect its credit worthiness and investment potential.
Criteria for the project (use this criteria to prepare an outline and order of presentation for your analysis)
1. Description of your firm. ( 1 page)
1. Major products, industries, markets served, and any significant developments over the past three years.
1. Prepare a concise summary of your company using declarative sentences. The purpose of this section is to provide the reader with basic information on the company. Distilling your company down to one page is a challenge and will require you to write concisely. Avoid providing any interpretations or analysis in this section. Numerical analysis is not part of this section. It is the only part of the paper that numerical analysis should not be included.
2. Firm and industry overview (2 pages)
1. In this section you can expand on the company’s products and markets.
2. Include in this section:
1. Description of firm and its management
2. Discussion of the competitive environment of the industry including major competitors
3. Economic climate and outlook
4. Other factors as appropriate, e.g. governmental regulations, labor issues, litigation pending
3. Summary of financial statements (2 pages max)
1. Review the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows for the past three years.
2. Provide a comprehensive analysis of the key financial statement data, including sales performance, operating and net income, significant changes in balance sheet accounts, and statement of cash flows.
1. Use $ values and % changes to illustrate the trends and overall performance.
2. In this section you present key financial highlights of your company. Use concise $ figures. For example, use $7.8m or $7.8b instead of $7,800,000 or writing $7.8 million. There is more key financial information than one can easily fit into two pages so you must determine what is most important for the reader to understand the financial picture of the corporation based on your analysis of the most recent financial statements.
4. Ratio analysis (3 pages max)
1. In this section, you present the narrative of findings based on your detailed ratio analysis.
2. Please note: the actual ratio analysis (completed using Excel) is to be presented as an appendix.
3. Your ratio analysis must include the following ratios:
1. Profitability (gross profit, operating income, net income, ROA, and ROE)
1. Include a working capital assessment (CA – CL trend)
1. Debt to assets trend
4. Book and Market Value
1. Trend in P/E ratio and EPS
2. Current market value of the firm
3. Current book value of the firm
5. Capital structure of the firm (1 page)
1. Evaluate the firms debt to equity position and trend
2. Include your assessment of the financial and operating leverage of the firm
6. Conclusions, outlook, and summary (2 pages max)
1. In this section provide a conclusion of your analysis to include:
1. Assessment of future performance (investment potential, financial risk position of the firm)
2. Firm strengths and significant firm competencies
3. Potential or existing firm weaknesses. Weaknesses may include:
1. Industry competition
2. Current macroeconomic and/or political factors
7. Supporting documentation
1. Include in this section your ratio analysis Excel worksheets
2. Insert the spreadsheets into the Word file
1. The best way to insert an Excel worksheet into a Word doc is by pasting it as a linked embedded object.
3. Include screen shots of key financial statements
1. Do not copy and paste entire 10k reports or financial statements
8. Resource page
1. List all research sources on a final page.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.